Want to transform the way people consume and interact with music? We are the team that brought Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Sirius XM and more to a wide range of Alexa devices like Echo, Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Amazon Music App and third party speaker systems like Sonos, Bose, Harmon Kardon etc.
We work with top tier music and device partners to drive innovation with music and voice.
We are seeking an energetic and go-getter Technical Program Manager for Alexa Music team in Sunnyvale. You will be responsible for managing various programs as we onboard lots of device & music partners in the US & international markets. You will work closely with developers, product managers, device partners, music partners, legal and business development teams to launch new services, tools and programs.
In this role, you will:
· Lead planning, execution, and delivery of cross-functional projects and programs (i.e. break down complex business requirements into manageable projects, write functional specifications, create system design, solve complex technical problems, interface with multiple teams, and deliver solutions in a successful, agile, and timely manner)
· Scope and deliver large, complex projects end-to-end for new initiatives.
· Collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, driving project schedules from design to release, communicating to stakeholders and executives, and managing the production launch.
· Drive effective team work, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
· Own the technology road map for the specific program area and prioritize features for development/release.
· Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
· An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
· Program managed rollout and operations of large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
· Strong collaboration skills pulling teams together and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
· Experience working across multiple technical teams
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
· 3+ years of program management experience
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units