Do you like helping customers and partners solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Are you an expert in SAP products and technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand SAP application architectures and integration approaches? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud computing platform for SAP solutions and customers?
AWS and SAP have been collaborating since SAP became a customer in 2008. Together, we have certified AWS to support most SAP solutions, brought purpose built EC2 instances to market to support SAP customer needs, and helped SAP leverage AWS services to power a number of their SaaS and PaaS offerings like Concur, SuccessFactors (for government agencies), HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC), and SAP Cloud Platform. AWS has been supporting SAP workloads for customers longer than any other cloud provider (since 2011), has more customers (5,000+ across all segments) than any other cloud provider, is certified to support the largest public cloud (native) SAP S/4HANA and BW/4HANA deployments, and has more SAP HANA cloud native certifications than other cloud providers.
As a SAP on AWS, Sr. Solutions Architect focused on SAP within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon EBS) across the global SAP customer and partner base. The emphasis being on working directly with customers to develop cloud migration and/or adoption strategies as it relates to their business critical SAP systems.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in both SAP solutions and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS well, not only to customers and IT executives but also to the broader SAP community including SAP, developers, and architects. The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
As a key member of the SAP on AWS Go-To-Market team working to ensure SAP customer success on the AWS platform, you will act as an Amazon ambassador in customer and partner engagements.
50% Travel expected.
· 5+ years of experience in infrastructure and database architecture, technical pre-sales, technology transformation, enterprise solution blue printing, or Solution Architect experience in the software or cloud industries.
· Experience helping global customers architect SAP integration scenarios with cloud platforms.
· Experience writing, publishing technical whitepapers, and evangelizing.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
· Previous experience architecting the benefits of cloud for SAP workloads.
· Experience working for SAP or with SAP in a Solution Engineer/Development/Customer Support role.
· Bachelor’s degree, certifications, or similar experiences desired.
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience and deep knowledge of SAP systems (SAP Business Suite, S/4HANA, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, SAP NetWeaver/BASIS Administration, SAP sizing, etc.).
· Experience working backwards with Global Enterprise customers with highly available fault tolerant systems.
· Experience with SAP migrations and upgrades with SAP High Availability Architectures.
· Bilingual proficiency in English and French