Want to be part of a dynamic development environment within Amazon and be at the forefront of building new, innovative global payments products and solutions?
Amazon Consumer Payments team at Amazon India Development Center, Bangalore is looking for developers to design and build next generation global payments solutions that revolutionize the way customers pay. The Amazon Payments Team manages all Amazon branded payment offerings, globally. These offerings are growing rapidly and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Our payments products (Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards, Non-Amazon Branded Credit Cards, Shop with Points and Foreign Exchange) provide the most innovative payment experience on and off Amazon. We manage a financial services ad serving platform (100+ billions of impressions per year) through Amazon's purchase path where we offer Amazon branded and non-branded payment products and services.
As we build innovative payments solutions for our customers, the role provides a huge opportunity for the developers to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon. The role will also include defining and implementing extensible, multi-faceted solutions that support global and region specific payments specific protocols and workflows. This is a critical program for Consumer Payments, with high leadership visibility, and opportunity for delivering significant business value.
We are looking for passionate, experienced software developers that can lead a team of developers in delivering high quality software solutions to support variety of customer use cases and are scalable to handle amazon volume.
Developers in the team need a strong understanding of Computer fundamentals and practical experience in building full stack, large scale distributed systems. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also helpful.
· Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
· Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
· Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
· Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.,).
· Provide on-call production support for payments services.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented programming language such as Java or C++
· Good understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
· Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems
· Very good interpersonal and communication skills
· Obsession with quality and customer experience
· Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
· Excellent problem solving skills