The PeopleInsight team is looking for a Quality Engineer to help us build an end to end testing strategy across our product suite, ranging from data platform to web portals that our users interact with. We deliver products in four key categories: insights that demand action, insights that inform decisions, insights that identify risk, and insights that enable automation.
This is a unique role that spans across traditional website testing as well as our data platform. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Software Development Engineers, BIEs/DEs, and Scientists to design and build scalable; highly available systems. You will have significant influence on overall product strategy and system architecture. You will be involved in every aspect of the process – from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
We are now recruiting an exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer for Worldwide Operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving testing strategy across the PeopleInsight suite of products, spanning across our web portals and data platform. As the first member of our Quality Assurance team you will set the direction for our software testing practices, and create mechanisms to measure and automate software testing. You will partner with product owners to set the software testing standards for our products. You will work with Software Engineers and Data Engineers to implement a data quality framework. You will work with our team of data experts to understand and validate data governance, compliance and data sharing mechanisms to protect customer trust. You will evaluate and implement an array of testing strategies to solve various business needs from near-real time reporting to deep analytics.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete –Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
PeopleInsight is a collaborative group of product, engineering, program, design and science experts.
Our Worldwide Operations team numbers in the hundreds of thousands of dedicated associates and leaders. They deliver millions of packages to customers every day. PeopleInsight is the behind-the-scenes team that supports field and organizational leadership by advising action, informing decisions, and identifying risk. The PeopleInsight team resides at the intersection of words and numbers. We listen, observe, and measure at scale to support customer success with insights that are consumable, actionable, and relevant. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates to propel the business forward.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience in software development, automation and testing