When done correctly, advertising allows customers to discover new products they love and brands to find new customers. Revenues generated from advertising allow us to decrease costs for our customers: save $20 when you buy a Kindle with ads customized for you. It's a win for our customers, a win for our advertisers and a win for Amazon. Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
The Diagnostics, Eligibility and Transparency (DELTA) team owns WW Ads Eligibility and Diagnostics systems. We are responsible for enforcing eligibility rules that determine what products can be advertised (product eligibility) and what advertising entities can use what types of ad programs. Through our diagnostics systems, we aim to provide rich information to advertisers and internal stakeholders on the state of ads and campaigns and the issues preventing ads from serving.
We are looking for a seasoned product manager with strong technical skills to lead our diagnostics charter. This is a greenfield area where you will be responsible for building set of services and advertiser facing experiences that harvest petabytes of data behind our Ads marketplace and help our advertisers understand steps they can take to improve effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
You will be responsible for the product roadmap, market and competitive research, product testing, managing the go-to-market strategy, monitoring customer adoption and feedback, defining and analyzing performance metrics, and achieving cross-functional product alignment with other Amazon groups. This is a leadership position that requires a high bias for action and a willingness to dive deep. The role also requires an ability to imagine great new customer and advertiser experiences while getting your hands dirty trying out new ideas and continually refining the products. We need a highly collaborative team player, but also one-person wrecking crew.
· MBA or equivalent degree
· Experience with business systems (workforce management, scheduling, workflow systems, performance management, etc)
· Experience leading initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders (design, engineering, usability, content development)
· Ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product