Are you a Storage Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale storage challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new storage technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Go To Market (GTM) technical feasibility analysis ¬ Collaborate with WWPS Tech BD and account teams to rationalize the technical feasibility of the GTM solutions being proposed. This involves evaluating the suitability/maturity of partner offerings, the suitability of AWS offerings to customer requirements and evaluating the technical attractiveness of the solution to address customer pain points. The SA will give the go-no go on the tech feasibility of storage GTMs.
GTM solution architecture ¬ Create the blueprint and validate the solution architecture for all of the selected GTMs. This includes detailed Visio diagrams and best practice guidance on deployment. This will be the guide used by AWS/Partners/customers to deploy solutions. The SA will be the technical authority on the solution design.
Partner and AWS field training – Provide deep technical training to partners and AWS field to educate them on the storage GTMs and get them ready for launch.
New solution creation/GTM envisioning – Keep up to date on market trends, customer trends and technology trends. Propose new storage solutions for GTM consideration with data to backup up reasoning.
Customer advocacy & assistance – Engage directly with the top customers and partners to assist with solution adoption. Relay feedback to the services team on experience and what improvements should be made.
Thought Leadership – Drive thought leadership and adoption of storage GTMs via blogs, participation in industry events, webinars, EBCs.
Establish tech cred with AWS, customer and partner technical community – Be viewed as the domain expert for the solution by AWS, partners and customers. Document, capture and share feedback with technical community
Ideal candidate profile
· experience with designing, configuring and managing on-premise SAN and NAS platforms such as EMC, NetApp or HDS with three of those years successfully designed, deployed and managed storage solutions from major on-premise storage vendors as well as major cloud providers.
· hands on experience with either cloud/object storage, storage gateways or cloud backups with Azure/AWS/GCS as well as storage migration, migrating data from on-premise SANs and NAS to cloud storage.
· experience with Tape and related infrastructure, inclusive of tape to cloud migration.
· experience creating solution architectures and guides for storage GTMs that combine cloud technology with ISV/IHV products to create a complete end customer consumable solution.
· experience presenting at CXO, executive level including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.