Are you interested in building AWS AI services that use cutting edge ML technology? Want to make a significant impact in the daily lives of AWS customers? We are a brand new team at AWS developing a new external facing service that are solving hard AI problems.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) with experience building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As a foundational member of the team, you will be responsible for driving the team's long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of AWS technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
As a SDE on the team, you will:
· Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
· Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical product managers.
· Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
· Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
· Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
· Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
· Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Ideal candidate profile
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
· 5+ years of professional experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using such as Java, C#, or C++, and Object-Oriented Design.
· Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-set
· 2+ years of building and operating scalable and secure systems on AWS