How would you like to design and launch a new AWS service that will have impact how customer access AWS resources from internet and be an entry point to mission critical AWS services ? AWS Edge Services are looking for an exceptional software engineers to be part of a world class team and own the design and development of this brand new service.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and have deep experience defining new technical products from ambiguous requirements.
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design with a focus on failure isolation and recovery, deep packet analysis, have outstanding analytical skills and excellent communication. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking teams.
As part of this team you will:
* Develop the core software within a green-field opportunity
* Own defining, scoping and launching a highly impactful new service
* Make critical design decisions with impact across AWS
* Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 8+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 5+ years of Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Golang, Java, C/C++
· 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems