We're a looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on a new initiative with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems As a Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools for the new service
· You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
· You will operate with globally distributed servers and customers.
· You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers who will help you grow (and also learn things from you).
· You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Engineer to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience.
· 5+ years professional experience in software development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
· Expert skill in Java
· Proficiency in one of PERL, Python, Go or another programming language
· Knowledge of CD/CI systems
· Experience working in a Unix based development environment