Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation and solve real world problems? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail and global e-commerce?
Amazon’s INTech (International Technology) organization is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join our growing team. As a member our team, you will have the chance to significantly impact our systems, our business, and most importantly, our customers.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.
This position is based in Luxembourg, the headquarters for Amazon’s European operations, at the heart of Central Europe. Set among a picturesque background of medieval ruins, Luxembourg City is home to numerous multinational companies, which creates a culturally rich and diverse environment (7 out of 10 residents of Luxembourg City are expats, from over 170 countries), and a high standard of living. In addition to having three official languages (Luxembourgish, German, and French), English is widely spoken. For those who love to travel, Luxembourg is an easy drive or train to Paris, Cologne, and Brussels, and a short flight to other world-class EU cities such as London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Rome, and Berlin.
· Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
· Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Experience with both front-end and back-end development
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from requirements through launch
· Experience communicating features and designs with both business and technical stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
· Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
· Fluency in English (no additional languages required)
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!