Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge technology that changes our world. The Infrastructure Capacity Delivery organization is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Program Manager to join our growing Planning, Implementation and Coordination (PIC) team within Infrastructure Delivery. The team responsibilities involve scoping and planning interdependent capacity scaling projects across several data center locations while leveraging and promoting standards.
The ideal candidate should be an innovative thinker and willing to identify and drive the organization through bold new directions. This translates to someone who can look outside the box for solutions, questions existing processes, probes and considers all the facts, while still staying aligned with the long term plans and goals. He/She should be an experienced program manager with a proven record of delivering large-scale change and performance improvements. The candidate must be comfortable negotiating with senior stakeholders across the business to drive improvements and shape the experience on behalf of the customer.
In summary the ideal candidate will be highly autonomous, detail-oriented, and must have an understanding all aspects of large scale data centers, infrastructure, deploy processes in order to successfully conduct/engage physical operational activities focused on asset deployments. This candidate should possess strong network implementation and troubleshooting skills. They should also possess above average written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers. The candidate must demonstrate Bias for Action by relentlessly managing the development of critical deployment guides, driving standardization and effectively leading the validation and publication efforts.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements includes:
· Proficient in data center environment, terminology, infrastructure and power
· Knowledge of AWS network, data center and rack connectivity, design and supporting processes.
· Efficiently maneuver across the organization supporting network scaling
· Coordinate and manage content to support best practices and methodologies
· Possess technical writing/editing skills to include working knowledge of multiple administrative tools/systems.
· Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs.
· Support New Product Introduction activities that improves infrastructure quality and standardization while reducing cost and installation time.
·Travel <10% to review pilots and projects and coordinate with onsite personnel and contractors at AWS Data Centers.
·The ideal candidate must understand all aspects of large scale data centers, infrastructure, processes to conduct/engage physical activities and how to deploy assets.
· Knowledge of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, Etc.)
· 5+ years of experience with ethernet and IP networking
· 3+ years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of program management experience
· 2+ years of experience with technical writing, drafting methods of procedure or other technical documents as required
· 2+ years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
· 2+ years of experience working with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE)