This position can be located in Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA, Nashville, TN; or Arlington, VA
Amazon Operations Internal Communications (OIC) leads the worldwide internal communications to inform, support, and engage the hundreds of thousands of Operations employees working every day to deliver for Amazon customers.
As the Production Designer, you’ll work with OIC team and business stakeholders to design and create digital and print communications that keep our associates informed and up-to-date on the news and information they need to know to do their job and feel connected to the company.
You should have the ability to deliver pixel-perfect files to spec and a strong eye for the details that make good work great. Who are you? You’re a polished, organized, yet flexible production professional that knows how to ask the right questions and deliver results. You’re self-motivated and able to set priorities for multiple projects from sometimes complicated stakeholders. You’re the person who knows how to efficiently execute a vision and clear technical roadblocks that stand in the way of getting it all done. An online portfolio is required.
· Assist Graphic Designer with OIC style system maintenance
· Create vector illustrations according to detailed guidelines
· Update template system and asset libraries for a global communications team
· Color and post-production work for photo shoot assets
· Production support for channels, business, and social teams
· Support campaigns team with story boarding and concept work
· Previous work in advertising or marketing, building out large, consistent campaigns
· Motion and video production skills
· An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in software, layout, and process
· Strong understanding of graphic systems, and how to maintain and follow brand guidelines
· Strong communication skills; ability to listen, ask the right questions, and flag concerns
· Understand and respond to performance data (metrics, user testing, research studies)
· Ability to work in an iterative fashion, flexible, and eager to listen and learn
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· B.A. or B.S. in Graphic Design, Visual Design, or comparable experience
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint
· Understanding of usability, and UX production
· HTML and CSS Skills, experience building emails