Amazon Global Communities (AGC) builds innovative and engaging new communities that connect critical third party partners and Amazon to build trust, accelerate learning and invent solutions on behalf of customers. Our business customers stretch the entire breadth of Amazon – including Global Delivery Services, SCOT, Sustainability, Sellers and WW Operations Leadership
The AGC team is seeking a scale-focused and customer-obsessed Principal UX Designer who will shape experiences that drive engagement with existing and new community members. You will have the opportunity to build, scale and shape the direction of the Ignite community platform, incorporating a redesign of the user interface, and new feature designs. You will be responsible for innovating on the experiences for the existing community of delivery service providers, but also thinking through how your design scales to meet the needs of future communities. This role requires design expertise, excellent leadership skills, and strong business judgment. You will be responsible for services that can be deployed globally, delivering an exceptional customer experience, provide thought leadership in a fast-paced development environment, and partner with product management and senior leaders to ensure the success of this program.
If you thrive in ambiguous environments, are naturally curious, and take an innovative approach to design, come join us!
· Raise the bar on customer experience when we design and build our products
· Drive UX, workflow, visual style, and user interface of web applications
· Work with PMs, Development Leaders, and Content teams to ensure the UX work reflects the customer requirements properly, is innovative and bar-raising on quality
· Partner with tech teams on implementation
· Deliver high quality work on time
· Surface important trade-offs and work with partner teams on decision making
· Use data driven mechanisms that measure the customer experience with our products and drive improvements
· Develop and contribute deep knowledge of the latest user research practice, HCI research, design guidelines and design heuristics
· Lead design reviews with senior leadership
· Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Experienced in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques and patterns
· Experience with designing large-scale products
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research)
· Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers or niche userbases
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Experienced in delivering UX solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Framer, or similar
· Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/u
Ideal candidate profile
· 10+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· Experience creating prototypes and/or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience