Would you like to help our customers innovate like Amazon – and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services to help drive innovation? Would you like to be part of building a fast-growing program to worldwide scale?
As a business development manager for Digital Innovation, you will have an exciting opportunity to lead customer engagements and shape and deliver the AWS Digital Innovation program, working with other Americas BDMs, the Americas leadership team, and worldwide program leadership. Your primary responsibility will be to identify, develop, and lead engagements with Enterprise customers – engaging line of business and C-suite leaders, qualifying opportunities, leading innovation engagements utilizing Amazon mechanisms like Working Backwards, and driving resultant prototypes and scaled solutions. In addition, you will build and participate in mechanisms for tracking engagement impact for customers and for AWS, and use your experience to help improve our engagement model.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial enterprise technology sales environment, and working with cross functional teams as many parts of the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes sales leadership, vertical business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, and sales enablement.
The right candidate will have experience delivering Digital Innovation engagements for enterprise customers. This includes demonstrated experience in developing digital innovation opportunities for customers, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple simultaneous projects to meet customer business objectives, excellent project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
· Work with sales leadership to identify and qualify customers for the Digital Innovation program
· Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships with leading innovators within customer organizations
· Deliver high quality engagements using Amazonian innovation mechanisms like Working Backwards to identify specific end-customer problems or opportunities and articulate in a press release
· Facilitate Working Backwards workshops with customer executive groups
· Lead and coordinate translation of those solutions into working cloud prototypes, working with relevant engineering and services teams, and partners where appropriate
· Build value propositions/ business cases
· Train & enable local sales teams to help qualify customers, and – in some cases – lead elements of the digital innovation engagement
· Effectively track and articulate the value of engagements underway, and major wins
· Share knowledge effectively across the WW team
· Help develop and improve the Digital Innovation engagement model based on engagement experience
· Work with the Partner team to identify, engage and enable partners who can accelerate our approach to digital innovation
· Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS solutions-led thought leadership in the innovation domain
Ideal candidate profile
· 5 years of experience in customer-facing digital innovation or equivalent consultative-selling role
· 5 + years of business development, consulting, product management, or IT solutions development experience
· Education – BA or above required