Mechatronics Robotics Technician
Amazon Fulfillment is looking for highly talented technicians with an Industrial Mechatronics background to help accelerate our growing fulfillment workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest associates while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Mechatronics Technicians work to combine electronic, mechanical, computer and control skills at the workplace. They work with complex high-performance manufacturing systems and are able to analyze, troubleshoot and repair systems to maintain process efficiency. They must understand and analyze the technical specifications of mechatronic systems, subsystems, modules and components; perform scheduled and preventive maintenance to detect and prevent problems; use troubleshooting skills to identify and prevent possible problems and failures, and to systematically and intelligently make repairs; incorporate relevant technical literature into the understanding of system operation and coordinate efforts with other technicians involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components; install repair, adjust, and test equipment and components to ensure that systems function properly; communicate with machine operators, and operate equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions, and verify system problems; and observe and incorporate safety standards and regulations required for safe operation of the system.
Amazon Mechatronics Technicians are engaged in the assembly and maintenance of complex machines, plants, and systems in the Reliability & Maintenance Engineering sector or in organizations which purchase and operate such mechatronic systems. Mechatronics Technicians carry out their work at various places, high automation and robotics facilities in connection with service operations. They are qualified to work autonomously and in work cells on the basis of technical documents and instructions and carry out their work in compliance with the relevant provisions and safety regulations. They coordinate their activities with upstream and downstream operations.
High-level Job Functions
· Follows work processes closely to ensure a safe environment
· Communicates and works well within a team environment
· Works capably with technical documentation
· Works capably with a computer
· Performs work with material transfer conveyors, high speed equipment and highly automated machines
· Understands, identifies, locates malfunctions, removes, replaces, adjusts, and returns to service
· Performs work with all robotic systems working with Robotics Engineers, OEMs and internal engineering groups.
· Acts of the subject matter expert for all equipment of a highly technical for all equipment with mastery level proficiency in mechanical components, fluid power equipment, motor controls, PLCs nature with all electro-mechanical components of the operational equipment assets
· Updates system manuals.
· Review and validate design documentation provided by integrator and assist in commissioning, startup and turnover effort for automated material handling systems which could consist of conveyor, cranes, robots, packaging equipment, vision systems, etc.
· This could include:
o PLC troubleshooting, testing and automated equipment controls with several Manufacturing and Material flow Engineering peers.
o Troubleshoot and maintain all controls components such as PLC, safety devices, HMI, servo drives, process hardware, robots, etc..
· This role will be focused on supporting maintenance and production, reducing downtime and performing root cause analyses on equipment breakdowns. Important factors in the role will be troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and providing engineering support to site, future production and prototype lines plus understanding and triaging systemic issues for continuous improvement.
· Create and maintain standardized work procedures for PLC troubleshooting and electrical components
· Update PLC and Visual programs to increase equipment capabilities.
· Interpreting, redlining and approving electrical wiring and network diagrams for automated equipment.
· Training other automation engineers and maintenance technicians as part of start-up and hand off.
· Industry certifications in Industrial Electrical, Mechanical Components, Fluid Power, Rockwell PLCs, Motors & Motor Controls and Fanuc Robots a PLUS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum 2-year degree in Electronic or Mechanical Technology – Bachelors Preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of controls technician experience in a high volume manufacturing/industrial environment or applicable technical certificates/degree.
· Skilled at troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
· Availability off-hours and weekend calls
· Skilled in SCADA systems such as Ignition, Factory Talk View, WCS/WMS type systems.
· Skilled in PLC Languages such as Allen Bradley & Siemens. Certified
· Evidence of exceptional ability.
· Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and able to manage multiple priorities.
· Comfortable running equipment using internal or 3rd party software, able to decipher logs and troubleshoot equipment.
· Comfortable reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting.
· Good communication skills and demonstrated team work skills.
· Basic user level knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, PLM, ERP.
· Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment