Interested in Alexa? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is looking for a Language Engineer to join the Spoken Language Understanding team for Alexa Shopping. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. In this role, you will design and develop new language understanding capabilities for Alexa, and help make her smarter every day.
Specifically, the Language Engineer will:
- Design the language understanding systems for new Alexa features
- Write recognition grammars that enable Alexa to understand a wide variety of natural speech.
- Test and deploy changes to Alexa's language understanding codebase
- Write scripts to analyze language patterns and process text data.
- Measure the accuracy of Alexa's language understanding
- Implement bug fixes and accuracy improvements
Ideal candidate profile
- Master's or higher degree in a field like linguistics, computational linguistics, natural language processing (NLP), or related work experience.
- Experience programming in Perl, Python, or another scripting language