At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Customer Service Human Resources team as an HR Escalations Investigator supporting our EU Customer Service Centers.
The central objective of Amazon's HR Assist team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core business values and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects. The position supports Customer Service (CS) Centers in Italy, Morocco and Romania.
The HR Escalations Investigator will work proactively to:
· Set up the HR Assist program in the Southern Europe, working alongside the WW HR Assist teams to define a suitable service delivery model for European Customer Service countries
· Investigate highly sensitive HR and Employee Relations issues, including: Conducting complainant, witness and subject employee interviews; Analyzing data from various internal systems; Case adjudication; Proposing remedial action based on investigation findings; Production of completed investigation documentation
· Independently manage assigned casework, bringing investigations to closure rapidly and definitively
· Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee and stakeholder feedback
· Analyze aggregate casework data to identify issue trends and opportunities for proactive issue mitigation
· Analyze casework trends and produce strategic recommendations to the business to proactively address systemic issues
· Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication vehicles and practices
· Partner in analysis and revision of people programs, policies, and practices to sustain a positive work environment for Customer Service Associates
· Consult and collaborate with business partners, Corporate ER teams, and Legal teams on complex employee investigations
The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The position reports to the Senior HR Manager EMEA CS and will work in partner with the Sr. Manager, Executive Escalations & Appeals, within the WW Operations Human Resources group at Amazon.com.
The role will be ideally based out of one of the EU CS locations, and could be done virtually. This is a full-time position that will require travel.
Ideal candidate profile
· At least five years combined human resources, labor relations, investigative, or legal experience in the EU, and demonstrated passion for employee relations, labor relations, investigations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work
· Solid understanding of EU employment laws and regulations
· Experience in conducting investigative fieldwork, including complainant, witness, and target employee interviews, investigative data analysis, and production of investigative documentation
· Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Bachelor's degree required
· Ability to pass a comprehensive background and reference check
· Fluent in English and Italian