Come join the Meridian team.
Meridian is a unified design and development system purpose-built for crafting user experiences for drivers, shippers, operators, associates, carriers, and shoppers. The Meridian team operates as the single-threaded-owner of the design system. We are a group of multi-functional design and development professionals focused on creating a beautiful and easy-to-use system that saves our partners time and raises the bar on design and front-end solutions at Amazon.
In this role, you'll be able to innovate, deliver, and influence. You should have a demonstrable track record of success delivering high-quality front-end native mobile code at scale. You should possess strong front-end skills and in-depth knowledge of web protocols and technologies.
If you have a passion for front-end development, creating and evolving design systems, and enjoy having fun and exploring new technologies, then Meridian is the team for you!
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 8+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on front-end development
· Good knowledge of design patterns, algorithms, programming paradigms, and front-end development best practices
· Basic knowledge of web technologies and UI/UX standards
· Deep experience shipping mobile applications (Android or iOS)
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including: coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deploying, debugging, and maintaining code.
· Experience with performance benchmarking and optimization
· Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
· Familiarity with continuous integration
For iOS candidates:
· Proficient with Objective-C and/or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
· Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
· Experience with offline storage on iOS devices
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
· Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
· Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
· Knowledge of testing and bug reporting frameworks for iOS
For Android candidates:
· Proficient with Java and/or Kotlin developing multi-threaded mobile applications for Android
· Experience with offline storage on Android devices
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
· Understanding of Android's design principles and interface guidelines
· Strong development and debugging skills in a Java environment
· Knowledge of testing and bug reporting frameworks for Android