Interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
Amazon Echo is seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant. The successful candidate will be highly organized, extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, able to handle confidential information, as well as a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities. A strong background of administrative, secretarial support or five star customer service is a must. Must have the ability to communicate well and to manage multiple assignments and people simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility. The candidate will possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision. Key to the position is the ability to be organized, prioritized and on time while also serving as a "go to" for all areas of responsibility. The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group and maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization.
This position will work closely with other Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants throughout Amazon. High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is required. In addition, exceptional written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, bias for action, detailed planning, time management and organizational skills are required.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play a leadership role with the administrative support team, to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
· Provide seamless support to the Head of Alexa Core Experience and Devices to help set and support the business direction of the organization
· Assist with creation of complex excel documents
· Manage complex calendaring, scheduling and travel
· Plan the annual calendar and facilitate the integration and prioritization of business activities
· Completing expense reports, maintaining schedules, plan and coordinate events
· Organize team meetings, conferences, and social events
· Build relationships with Executive Assistants throughout the team and across the company as well as with Finance, HR and Legal partners for the organization
· Anticipate challenges and plan accordingly ahead of need (outside of calendaring i.e. staffing, development, talent pipeline, etc.)
· Understand business priorities and proactively look for ways to improve processes to create efficiency and scale for the leadership team, ranging from organizational communication mechanisms to planning business meetings
· Review and copyedit business documents and presentations with a high level of accuracy
· Own and manage space planning for the organization
· Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
· Having fun at work and helping others do the same
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years' experience assisting at the executive level (Vice President and above)
· Experience with MS Suite ( MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Experience managing multiple calendars