Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to support our leadership team. This role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and great organizational skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete a high volume of complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play a leadership role with the administrative support team in AWS, to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
· Proactively coordinate and engage with AWS Senior leadership in planning and organizing events, activities, and calendars.
· Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements for the AWS Security management team
· Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
· Acting as a liaison for direct reports
· Driving key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, supply ordering)
· Updating team organizational charts
· Managing group logistics
· Travel coordination
· Have fun at work and help others do the same
The most successful candidate must possess a relentless bias for action, the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, is extremely detail oriented and very organized. This position will work closely with other Executive Assistants across the Amazon Web Services team and the rest of the company. You must have the ability to quickly learn organizational structure, team objectives and adapt to Amazon values and vision.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must be able to work successfully in a team environment, building effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important.
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum of 5 years' experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills