Do you thrive on managing multiple and different challenges every day while helping a team stay ‘on track'?
Do you have the maturity and judgment to manage sensitive information?
Do you have a passion for organization, and calendar and project management?
Do you want to make a positive impact and be an integral part of the team?
Then this is the job for you!
Amazon's Consumer Finance team is seeking an exceptionally bright, motivated and team-oriented individual to support the Vice President of the Physical Stores Finance team. This exciting role requires a strong, confident leader with good judgment, an eye for accuracy, composure, executive presence, and the exceptional ability to attend to details and get things done. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is critical, as is a good sense of humor. A proven track record of taking initiative, working independently, delivering exceptional results and exceeding expectations is important, as is the ability to give and receive feedback with equanimity.
The most successful candidate will be an effective communicator, both verbally and with written correspondence, possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. Understanding basic company organization, working relationships, and business partner roles and responsibilities is important as this position will work closely with other assistants across the Consumer Business team and the rest of the company.
· Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
· Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
· Streamline inbound/outbound communications, maximizing productivity and ensuring all requests receive attention with the proper level of urgency
· Own the annual finance calendar, working closely with the SVP's office to coordinate business reviews and financial operational planning meetings
· Act as a liaison for direct reports, coordinate team activities, and manage other key administrative activities for the team as needed (space planning, new-hire onboarding, updating organizational charts, supply ordering)
· Contribute to longer term Finance projects
· Have fun and help others do the same!
Ideal candidate profile
5+ years' experience assisting at the leadership level in a fast-paced environment or equivalent
2+ years' experience with project or program management
Professionalism, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint
Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment