Amazon’s EU Supply Chain / Transportation team is looking for an enthusiastic and customer obsessed Business intelligence Engineer to help us drive changes and manage operational excellence to support in optimizing our transportation network.
We offer fixed term contract 18 months with the objective to extend/or to become permanent.
The role will involve understanding the physical and virtual transportation processes, from our fulfillment centers on to our final mile carriers who deliver our packages to our customers. As part of the Network Design team you will combine business process knowledge, data expertise, and analysis skills to identify and drive programs within our transportation network.
To be successful in the role, you need strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, ability to influence across business functions and manage stakeholders’ expectations effectively. You will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable in working with multiple business and technical teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of operational excellence metrics, dashboards, and reporting
- Contribute to the strategy, prioritize technical and operational initiatives, evaluate and set stakeholders expectations.
- Development of necessary BI tools to enable optimal evaluation of the network
· Experience in analyzing big datasets (100M+ rows)
· Familiarity with optimization, supply chain and logistics concepts gained through work experience or graduate level education
· Familiarity with statistical concepts and advanced statistical techniques e.g., distributions, confidence intervals, time series analysis, regression models, clustering, machine learning
· Familiarity with mathematical modelling and simulation techniques e.g., linear programming, graph theory
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of professional experience in highly analytical roles with proven ability to use hard data and metrics to support assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
· Degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics, statistics, computer science or other quantitative areas. Master’s degree or higher preferred
· Experience in data visualization platforms e.g., Tableau, QlikSense
· Deep knowledge of SQL to extract and transform data into meaningful analyses and reports
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Team player with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in various locations
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results