Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, data and analytic engineer to join our European Global Transportation Services organization and work towards the carbon neutral target that Amazon pledged to reach by 2040. You will be responsible to optimize our complex and expanding European Fulfillment Network in that direction. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Would you like to stretch your skills, learn from other super smart people, and develop your career?
Successful candidates will have the attitude of a data detective combined with strong analysis skills and problem solving mindset. This is a highly visible role that requires partnering with software development, retail, fulfillment centers and transportation teams. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives. Excellent written and verbal communication, and ability to prioritize well are essential skills.
Your responsibilities include:
· Identify the biggest opportunities to transition towards a carbon-neutral supply chain and transportation network
· Lead complex analysis, develop models and reports to drive key strategic decisions.
· Identify opportunities to deliver step-changes in supply chain performance through configuration, parameter adjustment, or based on innovative mathematical analysis.
· Partner with operations, retail and software teams to implement key strategic initiatives.
· Analyze and track carbon impacts and prioritize new features based on their relevance, communicate results with Senior leadership.
· Research, evaluate and roll-out software, tools or process improvements.
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 8 years of professional experience in quantitative analytics or business intelligence.
· Degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative areas such as computer science or physics. Master's level degree or higher preferred.
· Knowledge of SQL. Mathematical, analytical, and data-driven decision making skills.
· Experience with statistical analysis tools (such as R), root cause analysis, process design and control.
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including strong working knowledge of Excel and VBA.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
· Team player with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in various locations.
· A track record of problem solving and creativity in finding/designing new solutions and innovative methods, using software systems and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.