Amazon's Customer Service (CS) department is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join the team. Customer service is the heart of Amazon, our vision is to be "Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online."
The successful candidate will be a key member of the EU Customer Experience and Insights team. The mission of the team is to analyse customer feedback, create actionable insights and improve the customer experience together with our EU business partners. The team consists of program managers, business analysts and another data scientist.
As the EU CS Data Scientist, you will support the analytical strategy for EU Customer Service. You have a hands-on approach and support complex projects to drive customer experience improvements, often in new territory, with quantifiable impact for the customer. You drive innovation and rigorous analysis to optimize defect elimination. You anticipate and develop solutions that can address forward-looking business problems. You simplify the design and improve the accuracy of existing solutions, models, processes, and technologies.
This position can be located in any EU CS site (Cork, Edinburgh, Regensburg, Berlin, Rabat, Cagliari) or corporate site (London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Luxembourg).
Responsibility includes but is not limited to:
· Define the analytical approach to business problems and drive implementation of new tools in collaboration with WW product teams
· Influence EU CS strategy and business partners by challenging assumptions and driving evidence-based decision making
· Evaluate cross-team perspectives and understand how interactions among teams, processes, and software systems need to be modelled in analytics solutions
· Investigate the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to business problems and products
· Deep dive into a significant opportunity, designing the right scientific approach and delivering the solution to drive data insight or describe an end-to-end system
· Develop scalable algorithms and models to support business decision making
· Help raise awareness and educate the organization on new and well-established data science techniques
Ideal candidate profile
MS in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field and 2+ years of relevant working experience; or BS and 8 years of working experience.
· Experience with math/stats software, i.e. R, Python or other domain specific software
· Experience with Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics
· Understands challenges in business area, applicability of relevant data science disciplines, and system interactions; able to keep others current on scientific advancements
· Strong communicator, able to communicate goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
· Pragmatic problem solver, applying judgment and experience to balance cross-organization trade-offs between competing interests
· Flexible, adapting your approach to meet the needs of the team, project, and product
· Team player who works constructively and transparently within the wider team
· Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment