Amazon's Employee Services Technology team (ES Tech) is building an HR Contact Management solution on the Salesforce Service Cloud. We enable employee self-service by providing simple, intuitive tools across devices using communities, lightning, and other Salesforce next generation technologies. We implement the overall self-service strategy and improve user experience for our employees and partners by integrating it with other Amazon systems and platforms including: telephony, content management system (CMS), and analytics to ensure a consistent global experience.
We are looking for a Release Engineer having experience in Salesforce Platform deployment processes. In this role, you'll work closely with Business, Development and QAE teams for ES Tech applications related to Release Engineering and Deployment activities. You will write deployment automation scripts using Python/Java and will be responsible for driving the Release Engineering innovations.
A successful candidate must have a solid history of delivering results, obsession with Release Engineering, be detail oriented, a team player, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
The responsibilities include:
· Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development/deployment.
· Build consistent release management and deployment processes across out of the box feature configurations, programs and components to ensure they are adopted Responsible for coordinating / deploying releases of the software.
· Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist (ensuring that no projects release faulty software into production).
· Work on automation of the provisioning of Salesforce instances, deployment of code and general configuration management.
· Manage source code for branch and merge strategy.
· Work with engineering managers and team leads and come up with the decision for the need of code branches.
· Build processes and metrics to monitor adoption.
Ideal candidate profile
· Working experience on Salesforce is required.
· Experience in version control systems and build/deployment tools (i.e. Github and Jenkins) is required.
· Strong understanding and experience with metadata including experience with deployment via metadata, Change Sets, Force.com IDE, ANT, etc.
· Significant experience with the Salesforce.com platform and at least 2+ years managing multiple Salesforce project deployments.
· Experience in automation of the provisioning of Salesforce instances, deployment of code and general configuration management.
· Experience in using automated deployment tools
· Excellent written and spoken communication