Amazon is continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, including several large Media & Entertainment enterprises such as The Walt Disney Company, Netflix, Fox, Discovery and the NFL, to deliver the next generation media applications from content production, machine learning, supply chains, archives to streaming and broadcast. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
As a Media and Entertainment (M&E) Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for building mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3/Glacier, Amazon CloudFront, AWS Media Services, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Media Services and AWS Thinkbox and EC2 Spot, etc.) within our largest media customers. As a trusted advisor, the Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing media workloads to AWS as well as reinventing customers media pipelines on AWS.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and have a passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers in the M&E space.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support AWS Account teams to help formulate a strategy for the adoption of AWS within the Media and Entertainment (M&E) vertical.
· Be able to do a deep dive in media (including content production, archive/asset management, supply chain and distribution) specific workloads and toolsets as well as off the shelf partner solutions
· Guide customers to ensure success in building, migrating, and optimizing applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
· Help educate enterprise M&E customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud from both reliability as well as cost perspective keeping into view the peculiarities of the Broadcast requirements.
· Help provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architecture community.
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support. Help AWS Media Services teams understand the Voice of the Customer and the update from industry perspective and translate into specific infrastructure feature-set needs
· Be able to occasionally roll up their sleeves and help with quick POCs for customers specific to their depth in M&E space
· Professional experience architecting large scale solutions
· Experience in broadcast/broadband television, Video-On-Demand, OTT, or SVOD
· Experience with publishing workloads, content management platforms and content analytics
· Experience with large scale gaming implementations and architectures
· Experience working with CDNs, video streaming, and content encoding/transcoding
· Experience with post-production pipelines, such as rendering, authoring…etc.
· Experience with video codecs and compression
· Experience with digital rights management
· Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with CTOs, enterprise architects, IT management, and developers
· Strong written communication skills
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Proficient in automation/scripting (CloudFormation, etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Ideal candidate profile
· Technical knowledge and experience on M&E applications, platforms, and ecosystem. More importantly focused towards Content Distribution (Broadcast, OTT – Live/VOD/DVR, DRM technologies, Asset Management and Supply Chains, Archives/Storage requirements within media, Broadcast Standards and CDN).
· 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed 5+ years of experience in infrastructure, database, and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and off the shelf product/solution space in the Broadcast industry
· Technical degree (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent experience.