Are you a passionate architect who can influence and drive change in some of Africa's most complex enterprise environments?
Do you have a successful track record in solving traditional business challenges at an enterprise scale?
Do you enjoy collaborating and partnering with your customers to achieve successful business outcomes through innovative use of technology?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect to work in our key Financial Services Accounts team to provide focused solutions, growth and support for some of our largest and most complex enterprise customers.
We are looking for an experienced enterprise technologist who can comfortably work with internal and external teams to create world class cloud-based solutions. This role is based in our Johannesburg office.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. As a trusted advisor to our customers and partners you will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
As a successful Enterprise Solutions Architect you will not only deliver on our credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history” you will love what you do and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers.
In return we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud based architecture design. On a daily basis you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and build elegant solutions.
If you are highly technical and experienced in architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions and enterprise platforms in customer Linux/Windows environments then this could be the role for you. This is a client facing role so you must be especially comfortable talking with CIOs, CTOs and CISOs. Couple all that with a baseline knowledge of or even certification in AWS cloud technology and this role is made for you!
Ideal candidate profile
· The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 10 + years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
· You must have an in depth understanding and experience working in Enterprise environments.
· Solid experience and deep understanding of Security Solutions Architecture
· Demonstrate the ability to think strategically about solutions to businesses and technical challenges
· Robust business acumen and influencing skills
· Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
· Expert level of stakeholder management at all levels (C-Suite, Executive Leaders, Business Managers, Applications owners)
· Strong experience in enterprise applications (ERP, SAP, CRM, HR, etc)
· Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS experience will be considered a bonus.
· Experience in enterprise applications and database architecture.
· Strong pre-sales and consulting skills coupled with exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must