Are you a passionate architect who can influence and drive change in some of Australia’s most complex enterprise environments?
Do you have a successful track record in solving complex business challenges at an enterprise scale?
Do you enjoy collaborating and partnering with your customers to achieve successful business outcomes through innovative use of technology?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect to work in our Enterprise team to provide focused solutions, growth and support for some of our largest and most complex enterprise customers.
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them gain the best value from the cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organisations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects also take a leading role in creating and presenting technical content and best practices.
This role is located in Sydney and you would be working with many of our largest enterprise customers.
Solutions Architects own the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer's business needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology. To do this they collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases, e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container driven architectures, Data Analytics, DevOp, Security and many more.
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will be learning something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Role and Responsibilities
· As a Solutions Architect, you will work directly with customers to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes.
· You will own the technical relationship with the customer and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
· Share the voice of the customer to influence the roadmap of new features and services for the AWS platform.
· Create and capture best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
· Evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences). Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by hiring, coaching and mentoring others.
· Develop areas of depth in technical or industry vertical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
· AWS Certified SA Professional.
· Hands on development experience and thorough understanding of full-stack development
· Familiarity with practices such as DevOps and Agile
· Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background will be highly desired
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
Ideal candidate profile
· Robust business acumen and influencing skills
· Passion for technology and for learning
· Experience in software, systems or data design
· Coding/scripting experience in at least one language
· Basic infrastructure knowledge (networks, storage & compute)
· Strong pre-sales or consulting skills coupled with exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must.