Would you like to own building the future in the Cloud Computing business in the Education (EDU) industry? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with key EDU reseller and distributor partners who are transforming their business to deliver AWS cloud computing solutions?
As a EDU Partner Strategist for resellers and distributor partners within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to shape and deliver a strategy to grow the broad use of Amazon's cloud computing web services in Higher Education and K12 institutions via channel partners. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and driving the success of reseller and distributor channel partners that are selling AWS services in close alignment with AWS field sales teams.
This role will require that you establish deep business and technical relationships with AWS channel partners through your knowledge of the EDU industry and EDU customer requirements. You will also work very closely with the AWS sales team to drive joint sales engagement and to ensure your partners are meeting the strategic needs of internal AWS sales stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess both business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level with partners, as well as a basic technical acumen that enables them to interact with services and technical leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop, lead, and execute the strategy and joint-selling with a select group of channel partners in the EDU Industry. This will include understanding EDU customer requirements and working with partners to ensure their AWS offerings match what our customers need to accelerate their cloud journeys. Be a change agent for channel partners transforming their business into AWS and cloud sales.
· Develop go-to-market plans with channel partners to help them capture and win EDU deals.
· Develop and structure campaigns for channel partners to market to EDU prospects.
· Support joint marketing activities to drive pipeline and wins for reseller partners.
· Work with senior business leaders at channel partners to help them develop plans to transform from legacy technology resale to value-added AWS cloud computing solutions.
· Work with the AWS EDU sales teams to establish an overall sales plan for your partners and ensure it is in line with AWS strategic direction.
· Work seamlessly cross-functionally within AWS with the sales, capture, marketing, and other partner managers to execute the plan and deliver business results.
· Understand the technical considerations, procurement, and legal/regulatory requirements specific to EDU partners, customers, and solutions.
· Develop and manage the sales pipeline of channel partners, communicating opportunities and wins to the AWS EDU field.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and gaps, and create strategies and plans to accelerate progress.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Ideal candidate profile
· 8+ years of partner/business development, enterprise sales, and/or program/product management experience.
· 2+ years of experience with technology platform sales with an understanding of IT, datacenters, and cloud adoption.
· 2+ years of experience with EDU industry, understanding capture, procurement, and contracting process.