Amazon's Transportation EDI team aims to automate all transactions with its global partners. The Transportation EDI team meets this most critical role by maintaining the EDI technical standards, identifying EDI solutions to business needs and constantly improving the effectiveness of our EDI communications. The EDI Engineer partners with Amazon business teams and partners worldwide to identify new offerings and continuously improve the EDI integration process, current offerings and data quality. Additional tasks include maintenance of the Amazon EDI specifications, mapping and supplier configurations. To be successful, this candidate requires mastery of a variety of proven analytical, communication and leadership skills. The ability to coordinate efforts across multiple teams (both technical and business) is key to this position.
Ideal candidate profile
• 3+ years experience in 24/7 online environment
• Experience with rotational on-call duties and real-time live-system responsibility
• 3+ years experience EDIFACT standards, including documents such as IFTMIN, INVOIC, IFTSTA and others.
• 3+ years experience with ANSI X12 standards, including documents such as 215, 210, 214 and others.
• 3+ years experience with EDI communications standards and protocols – AS2, SFTP, HTTPS
• Demonstrated experience with writing functional design documents, troubleshooting complex EDI failures, and with unit testing methods. 3+ Experience with at least one EDI Software Implementation such as Gentran, Sterling, Contivo, etc