Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) builds trust with our Customers and Partners; scales through technology, analytics, and science; and serves as a Center of Excellence for Amazon. Our team's mission is to provide Buyers a perfect and authentic order experience so that they can shop with confidence. We are seeking an Economist to play a key role in product quality related risk detection, and enforcement policy optimization.
The Economist will work closely with Research Scientists, Engineers and Product Managers to build econometric models, plug them into our systems, and use them to understand the value of our programs and optimize our policies. They will design and conduct all phase of research of projects, from defining key research questions, aligning stakeholder requirements, designing and executing appropriate solutions, to communicating and implementing the model in our pipeline.
· Build econometric models or design experiments to estimate the impact of various policies on key business metrics to improve decision quality.
· Develop and maintain scalable models to support multiple initiatives at the same time.
· Leverage multiple data sources (internal data, survey data, etc) together to drive business insights.
· Work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs, and to design and deliver appropriate research solutions.
· Influencing key business decisions in how best to positively affect Customer experience through diverse stakeholder groups.
· Extract data for analysis and model development from large, complex data sets.
A successful candidate will have strong casual and predictive modelling capabilities, effective verbal/written communication skills, and have a passion for using data to drive business decisions.
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD in Economics or related field
· 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
· Proven ability to apply independent research to solve real-world business and customer problems
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats