The BizDev Econ Ads Impact on Customers team is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to support strategic projects in the Amazon Advertising business. Advertising is used daily to surface new selection and provide customers a wider set of product choices along their shopping journeys. The business is focused on generating value for shoppers as well as advertisers.
The BizDev Econ Ads Impact on Customers team uses econometrics, machine learning, and data science to measure and understand the impacts of Amazon's advertising business on shoppers. We generate insights to guide Amazon Advertising strategy, and we provide direct support to the high level leaders. We use data to better understand how customers interact with advertising to drive actionable insights and provide further value to shoppers.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to build innovative tools and analytics solutions to drive business insights at a strategic level, as well as directly applicable at the product level. For example, we are working on understanding what drives persistent customer engagement with advertising as a discovery mechanism along the shopping journey. Key responsibilities of BizDev Business Intelligence Engineer include the following:
· Optimizing the existing models and implementing science improvements
· Improving model usability by analyzing customer behavior. Incorporating new data sources and implementing creative methodology innovations to improve model performance.
· Creating and tracking customer ad engagement metrics
· Helping build data systems that leverage diverse data sources to provide a comprehensive view of customer interaction with advertising
· Partnering with senior team members to drive science improvements and implement technical solutions at the cutting edge of machine learning and econometrics
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Ideal candidate profile
· Proficiency in at least one major programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python)
· Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
· Strong grasp of data structures and algorithms
· Good communication skills with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience
· Strong critical thinking and attention to detail