Want to work on machine learning and big data to power a multi-billion dollar product?
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business to define and deliver a collection of ad products that drive long-term customer value. Our team – Sponsored Brands (SB) - owns an auction based, keyword targeted, mid funnel ad product designed for brand owners. We empower brands of all shapes and sizes to attract shoppers in the research and consideration phases of their shopping journey, through visually stunning, inspiring and relevant sponsored shopping experiences. In doing so, we deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
The SB Modeling team consists entrepreneurial machine learning scientists and engineers who are responsible for developing core ML models and model development pipelines. This role will utilize cutting-edge ML models in the domain of predictive modeling, deep learning, natural language processing and explore/exploit bandit problems that intelligently match shoppers with advertisers. The application of these ML models include ad response modeling, ad sourcing, ranking, selection, auction, keyword recommendation, targeting optimization, impression valuation, query understanding, and much more. You will work with business partners to design, implement and launch ML solutions based on business objectives, timelines and resource constraints. This is a unique opportunity to stand at the intersection of e-commerce, advertising and state-of-the-art ML techniques.
Major responsibilities (SDE/MLE)
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
· Develop highly scalable service to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leverage state-of-the-art technology
· Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
· Evaluate and make decisions about the use of new or existing software products and tools.
· Apply machine learning techniques to improve predictive models and infrastructure
· Have unique exposure to technologies used in Search / Advertising / E-commerce platforms
· Work closely with our data-science and product managers to design experiments and implement end-to-end solutions
· Be a member of the Amazon-wide Software Development Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.