Exciting opportunity to join the team that owns the science behind AWS HR products, programs, and metrics. We come up with innovative ways to use econometrics, ML, and economic theory to improve the experience of AWS employee and to help HR/recruiters put the right people in the right place at the right time to staff all of AWS.
· Develop causal inference models to assess all decisions surrounding talent: drivers of promotion, attrition, transfers, and hires
· Identify and work with external and internal talent data-sets and develop ways to combine the two to answer important talent research questions
· Work with other scientists, Data Engineers, and SDEs on the team to scale solutions that have a strong business impact
· Suggest experiments and mechanisms to quantify the impact of policy changes on talent movement
· Work with AWS HR scientists and leadership to develop research roadmap; identify and pitch new opportunities to leadership that are suggested by the data
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD in Economics.
· 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.