Come and be part of the AWS Directed Work team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Directed Work systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The AWS Directed Work team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS' global datacenters. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for AWS customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
As a member of this team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills to drive worldwide analysis deliverables, create new datasets to support deep-dive analyses and dashboards for cross-functional audiences, including organizational leaders. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, and exercise strong judgment and organization skills in managing competing priorities. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively to solve data problems; tap into their curiosity in exploring new ways of working with and visualizing data; and are adept at translating business needs into practical deliverables.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
· 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing
· Experience with Redshift
· Experience with AWS services including Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS.
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing