Content Insight Analyst (L5), Amazon Prime Video JP
Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering ways to instantly stream and watch videos. We are looking for customer obsessed, data driven entrepreneurs to join our growing team and solve some of the hardest problems for our customers. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and build a service which customers love, Amazon Prime Video might just be the place for you. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly innovate, experiment and drive solutions that will improve the customer experience.
Amazon Prime Video team is looking for a bright, data-driven and enthusiastic candidate to join our Content Strategy and Integrations Team as Content Insight Analyst. This candidate will support the content acquisition and creative development team to identify ever-changing consumer content preferences, to evaluate content deals and provide the analytical horse power for the content team. The primary responsibility is to design/implement/manage/own a content analysis framework for Prime Video Japan by establishing customer preferences, leveraging existing tools/workflows and also other data sources that are relevant to evaluating and making a sound business decision. The role will have responsibility for driving deep insights about consumer content preferences, data collection and analysis, and interpreting results, communicating this to the team and influencing the decision making process to delight our customers. This Content insight Analyst must have advanced experience of quantitative analysis using tools, databases and preferably writing SQLs.
The ideal candidate will enjoy defining new processes/programs, successfully and consistently deliver results and work cross-functionally to drive best practices. He/she is data driven, comfortable to roll up his/her sleeves to work with multiple tools, pave their own way in an ambiguous work environment and get the job done. The Content Insight Analyst should be proficient in Excel, have attention to detail, acquire superb communication and influence skills and have a strong understanding of content.
This position is based in Tokyo, but will work with teams in Los Angeles, Seattle, EU territories and potentially across the globe.
- Deep dive analyses on our key content categories and provide implications/recommendations in enhancing our content selection
- Work closely with content acquisition and creative development managers and stakeholders to understand content deals, analyze it against customer demand, benchmark against competitive offerings and create actionable recommendations
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key content decisions
- Ensure data accuracy by validating data with new and existing tools
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
- Understand trends related to content and recommend strategies to stakeholders to help drive business growth.
- Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
Ideal candidate profile
- 6+ years of work experience with at least 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, data mining and financial analysis and delivering value-added insights and recommendations.
- Exposure to data mining tools like SQL
- Deadline driven, team player, with strong customer focus
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English (Business level) and Japanese (Native level)
- Passion for entertainment – TV shows and movies
- Ability to succeed amidst ambiguit