At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed
Ideal candidate profile
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ or more years of IT implementation experience
· Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
· Scripting and/or coding skills