Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 — at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to become the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and more recently Amazon Echo and Alexa (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/alexa?base_query=&loc_query=&job_count=10&result_limit=10&sort=relevant&business_category%5B%5D=alexa&cache), the voice service that powers Echo and other devices so customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, and more, using just their voice
The Amazon Devices EU Team is looking for a passionate and solution oriented Business Intelligence Engineer to run analytical solutions that deepen our collective understanding of customers, influence innovation, and deliver actionable insights.
The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer “why?” questions, excellent technical skills, analytical abilities, and superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence cross-functional teams. You will be comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. You will work closely with the Marketing and Engagement teams, Product Managers, Finance, Data Scientists, Analysts, and Data Engineers across the Amazon Devices organization.
The ideal candidate will:
- Build scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that will provide data/KPIs to inform business decision making
- Investigate data sources across Amazon and expand existing device data infrastructure
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the device customer engagement, sales and marketing roadmap.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer behavior, competitive product trends, and business drivers to inform decision making
- Analyze key insight trends and build models that predict customer behavior, using statistical rigor to simplify and provide thought leadership to device product and marketing groups
- Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of ongoing analytical support
Ideal candidate profile
§ Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Business Informatics, Statistics)
§ 4+ years of professional experience in data modeling / advanced business analytics
§ Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with efficient processing of large data sets
§ Experience with Python for data analytics and modelling
§ Experience in advanced business/customer analytics
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
§ Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
§ Experience conveying key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms
§ Experience in ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
§ Familiarity with columnar databases like Redshift or Vertica; Understand database optimization
§ Experience in designing and building data infrastructure/automated reporting tools