The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logisitcs aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible. The European Amazon Logistics organization is looking for a customer focused, analytically and technically skilled business intelligence engineer to join our team. This person will be responsible for bringing efficiencies and reduce costs using data analysis and visualization tools and processes' to support our growing Amazon Logistics business in Europe.
The successful candidate will be able to retrieve, integrate, visualize and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to improving the efficiency of the package delivery network. This individual will work with technical and business teams to optimize planning, execution, process improvement and track progress against goals. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoying working with large scale of data.
• Analyze and visualize large scale logistics and transaction data to determine user behavior or delivery process problems, and output solid analysis report with recommendation.
• Serve as liaison between the planning team and the operations business teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current delivery performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
Ideal candidate profile
• Relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytical skills to utilize data for driving business decisions and solving problems.
• MBA/MS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL/ Experience in handling database queries.
• Customer focus and professional demeanor.
• Organizational skill and an operations mindset.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.