This role can be based in Tampa, FL or Atlanta, GA.
The Training & Certification Business Development Manager (BDM) is accountable for the development of Training Services revenue in the corporate and public segments. The BDM will develop strategic segment plans, sales goals, strategies and forecasting. They will build & maintain a pipeline of training opportunities and provide regular forecasts / business reviews to senior management
He/she will work with account teams to identify training opportunities; develop relationships with key accounts; create training plans and proposals, execute contracts (Training Order Forms), oversee training plan deliverables; present learning plans and training services to multiple levels at AWS customers and partners, including senior management and executives.
The BDM will create and nurture relationships with sales and partner development teams supporting them to drive training business. They will conduct sales enablement activities that help them understand AWS Training & Certification offerings, how to position them with their customers and partners and keep them up to speed on new programs, policies and procedures.
The BDM will work closely with clients to determine training requirements, conduct training needs assessments and build detailed training proposals and plans to accelerate adoption of AWS Services. They will maintain a strong relationship with customers and partners to ensure flawless execution of training plans.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of technology sales experience with a focus on quota-carrying roles
· Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology or training deals
· Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
· Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer's business
· BA/BS degree
· Travel required for team meetings, events, and shows as required; estimated at 25%