Description de l'offre
Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team in one of our highly automated and fast paced Fulfilment Centers (FC).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The focus of the Automation Engineer role is to fault find, troubleshoot and improve controls solutions for automated material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. The Automation Engineer will also provide training to the Engineering Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
· Be the site level Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all controls systems and sensors within the building. Work in a hands on manner to actively monitor, fault find and repair systems in order to provide a high level of equipment availability to internal customers.
· Train technicians in the basics of control systems fault finding in order to raise the level of knowledge within the site.
· Work within the EU Controls network to enhance the capability to monitor MHE metrics and provide visualization and data to internal customers.
· Actively participate in or own continuous improvement projects driven by the EU Controls network.
· Work with IT, EU Controls Engineering and Operations Engineering to ensure all systems are correctly documented and that accurate backup libraries are maintained.
· Work alongside global teams to support the installation and commission of new equipment.
· Support other sites in the EU network as required.
· 3+ years experience with PLC controlled automation and issue diagnosis in a continuous process or production environment.
· Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
· Ability to follow, understand and develop improvement strategies for code conforming to IEC 61131-3
· Ability to interpret both mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity visualization and monitoring.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, Ignition, Visio and AutoCAD.
· Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.