If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Purpose of the role:
1. Responsible for data entry, review and accounting for all close to report transactions, ensuring daily operations run smoothly and efficiently.
2. Assist supervisor for month/year end closing, financial reporting and reconciliation according to group and local requirement in order to ensure compliance in accordance with IFRS, Amadeus Group policies and, when relevant, Local Accounting Standards and Local Tax & Legal requirements.
3. Support with local tax activities including tax reports, tax submission.
4. Contribute to establish the Bkk Transactional Hub as an Accounting Center of Excellence
(Applicable to Amadeus Asia and/or any other Amadeus group companies as directed by management)
1) Responsible for data entry and accounting for all transactions of AA and GL, ensuring daily operations runs smoothly and efficiently.
-Obtain, check, and properly account in SAP for all assets transaction (including register and disposal).
-Obtain, check and account for assets inventory, ensuring accurate and timely accounting and reporting
-Obtain, check and account for monthly/yearly accruals, and ensure its accurate and timely accounted and reported.
-Use judgment to select proper accounting treatment of new issues, and create journal entries to record to the General Ledger
-Clearing and maintenance of accrual accounts and balance sheet items.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
2) Financial Reporting and Reconciliation:
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements and Amadeus Reporting on a timely and accurately basis
- Prepare monthly information and all required schedules as per Amadeus Group Policies and local regulations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and other accounting analysis as required.
- Prepare reconciliation of local GAAP - IFRS
- Assist supervisor for year-end Local Statutory Accounts, coordinate with external auditor and reporting according to corporate/local requirements.
3) Support with local tax filing and documentation.
- Obtain, check and process VAT reversal based on tax documents
- Obtain, check WHT documents and prepare document for tax submission
- Prepare monthly VAT reports according to local tax advisor recommendation and upload into e VAT system of Thailand Taxes Authorization website
- Tax documents filing based on local requirement
4) Transactional Hub governance and Accounting Center of Excellence
- Provide advice and support, remotely or on the ground, to any Amadeus group companies as directed by management
- Review and update accounting policies and processes regularly, including producing and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Pro-actively identify, propose and implement process improvements in the relevant areas, with specific focus on increasing task automation vs manual work
- Contribute to establish the Bangkok Transactional Hub as a Centre of Excelence for the relevant accounting/tax processes and SAP modules in the APAC region, being a reference for the consistent application of the standard procedures defined at Corporate level
Education: Accounting degree required
Relevant work experience:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Experience in SAP with TFRS and IFRS preferable.
- At least one year experience in accounting tasks
- Experience in multinational company, regional office or company providing accounting/finance services to overseas operations will be an advantage.
- Japanese and/or Chinese language is an advantage.
- IT industry & business expertise.
- Policies and Regulations awareness and judgement.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.