Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for an Industrialisation Engineer - P roduction Line Design & Optimisation (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse, France. You will join the Process Method & Tools Manufacturing Engineering team.
Your Mission :
You role will be to propose to Industrial Architects the best Production Line Design with the associated performance .
You will provide expertise in Industrial Systems through Process Methods and Tools :
· Throughout the entire development process: from the product definition phases to the manufacturing process in its operational environment.
· On all manufacturing issues to be optimized (production cost, quality, lead time, flexibility, time-to-market...) : by integrating the flows of people, machines, materials and information,... using digital means and models.
· During the serial phase: analyze and optimize existing manufacturing systems during major modifications or changes in the manufacturing phase.
Additional Details about the job responsibilities :
· Define and provide the work process for the design of the production line (processes, methods and tools, including the capabilities and requirements of model-based systems engineering).
· Increase the knowledge and self-reliance of broader manufacturing communities.
· Support Airbus' main industrial challenges.
· Evaluate current and future industrial system solutions and make recommendations.
· Use and execute processes, methods and tools dedicated to the design of the manufacturing system in order to provide the best industrial system in its class.
· Use and deliver models using MBSE simulation tools and techniques dedicated to industry (such as flow simulation, 3D simulation, etc.)
· Develop a manufacturing line design work method to address operational issues and priorities.
· Define/update the competency model required for the standards.
· Design of pilot manufacturing line way of working first implementations in the factory / FAL according to the industrial deployment strategy with a logic 'I do, we do, you do'.
· Ensure knowledge transfer to industry.
Your Boarding Pass :
· Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering .
· Experience in Method and Tools of the Lean Line design process .
· Experience Optimizing Manufacturing Processes , Flow management .
· Experience in Manufacturing System Modeling and Virtualization .
· Solid knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing Processes , Production Management and Lean manufacturing and associated Industrialization principles.
· Project Management awareness.
· Health and Safety knowledge.
· Ability to interact and influence; Team spirit; curiosity & creativity.
· Negotiation level in French and English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.