Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Description of the job :
A vacancy for a Corrosion prevention principles and sealing Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will join ESCMB5 – Corrosion Protect. Principles and Sealants department.
You will be supporting all aircraft programs through research, design, production and in-service to define, apply and maintain corrosion protection principles.
In addition, you will provide support to sealing enquiries advising on best practice according to process specifications may be required as well as occasional management of material qualifications.
For this position, you will interface with various internal and external partners (sub-contractors, suppliers, designers etc.) and ensure the provision of MPaT (materials, processes and test) expertise to a range of stakeholders including Design, Programme, Manufacturing Engineering, Production/Production Quality, Procurement/ Procurement Quality and In-Service Support.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and deploying Materials, Processes and Test Technologies for mature design and build,
- Providing corrosion protection, sealing concepts and solutions to enable design, build and operation of aircraft,
- Ensuring reactive support for improvement projects (performance improvement / cost and time reduction),
- Ensuring EHS (Environment Health and Safety) regulations (REACh) thanks to eco-efficient materials and processes,
- Adapting existing corrosion protection and sealing principles to a chromate free environment.
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Required skills :
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 5 years degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline,
- Relevant background in aerospace materials, mechanical engineering and aerospace, manufacturing processes,
- Knowledge and experience of Aerospace manufacturing processes, modelling and simulation, lightning strike protection,
- Aerospace materials (metallic and composite), material coatings and additive layer manufacturing would be of benefit,
- Ability to work towards the ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise,
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills,
- Language Skills: negotiation level of English, French would be a plus.
This position has been graded PII.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.