Airbus Operations Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Your will be working as a Landing Gear Designer in a multi-disciplinary team developing new capabilities for the development, manufacture and support of Landing Gear Structures and Equipment on future Airbus products.
About our team…
We are ‘Gear by Airbus’. A team with the ambition to transform the business model for bringing Landing Gear Structures and Equipment products to market.
As a team of people from diverse functional backgrounds, we work together to identify and capitalize on opportunities to grow our business capabilities as well as our individual experience and skillsets.
Together we will deliver new capabilities and competence to the business by developing and testing products, defining new digital methods and tools, all ready to bring future Airbus Landing Gear Products to market.
What you will be doing…
· Designing Landing Gear structures and equipment products and working with stress, performance, manufacturing, procurement, testing and after-market colleagues to produce and test them in order to validate development methods and tools.
· Developing new Methods and Tools on digital platforms ready for these to be deployed as new business capabilities on future products.
· Working with stress, performance, manufacturing, procurement, testing and after-market colleagues to produce and test products in order to validate the developed methods and tools.
· Exploring the best of existing capabilities from around the business and outside of the company to maximize re-use of knowledge and to inspire new ways of doing things.
· Working in a multi-disciplinary team operating with Agile methodologies.
For this role, we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times. Please wait until the job offer stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible for the role.
· Experience of the detailed development of metallic structures, mechanical systems or hydraulic equipment either on Airframe, Landing Gear or Systems Equipment.
· Worked closely with manufacturing to translate your designs into products and understand the key manufacturing processes, their limitations and the impact design decisions have on the product cost.
· A high level of proficiency with Catia V5 or V6. Airbus Methods training is beneficial but not essential.
· A delegation of Design Check and/or Design Approve or are on a path to delegation.
· Knowledge of product structures, 2D/3D definition dossiers and configuration management.
· Willing to challenge yourself to extend your technical skills through self-directed learning and by exploring outside our team environment.
· Keen to learn about broader technical and non-technical aspects of product development and delivery.
· Able to take ownership of your activities and support your team members by making commitments that you work hard to uphold.
· A challenging environment where the path ahead is not fixed.
· Working in a team that supports each other and looks to have fun along the way.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We cannot promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Posting date: 02.09.2019
Closing date: 02.10.2019
What we offer
Whether you are looking to relocate to an exciting city or stay in the area with family, Bristol has something to offer everyone.
From scenic walks in the beautiful parks, unravelling the city’s rich history in numerous museums, enjoying the frequent music, food, balloon and graffiti festivals, to exploring all of the family friendly attractions, you’ll find just the adventure you’re looking for here in this vibrant and diverse city.
· Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
· Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
· 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
· Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
· Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
· Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
· Onsite social clubs
· Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
http://www.airbus.com/search.video.html?q=make+it+fly#searchresult-video-all-14 '> Click here to watch an interesting video
https://www.airbus.com/careers/working-for-airbus/inclusion-and-diversity.html#smallmediagallery-par-smallmediagallery-1 '> Click here to watch an interesting video
“I’ve worked for Airbus UK for the last 17 years and it has been a great company to progress in as a female engineer.
I have enjoyed regular travel to our European sites and liaised with engineers from all around the world. More recently I even got chance to work as a volunteer for Airbus Charity in India building schools for under privileged children.
I’ve held various engineering positions throughout my time but have always been able to adapt the roles to support my career and life as a mother -
I have worked both part-time and flexibly around early school years regularly working from home to maintain that important work life balance and now I manage a small team of structural engineers building mathematical models of aircraft wings for all the airbus fleet!”
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.