Lewes, East Sussex
Public Sector - Public Sector
· Job type
· External Reference
Our client within public sector is looking for an experienced Estates Surveyor based in Lewes, East Sussex. The role is offered on a 6 months contract basis offering £23.89 / hour (via umbrella/inside IR35 only) working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
The role holder will be a member of the Estates Team providing a wide range of Estate Management services to the County Council's estate. You will be directly advising on the Council's leased portfolios and working alongside the Council's other Senior Surveyors in:
· Negotiating and managing property transactions (leases, licences, wayleaves, easements etc.)
· Seeking out new opportunities to reduce costs and increase income streams
· Management of vacant property pending reuse, letting or disposal.
· Involvement in asset management, acquisitions and disposals
· Line management of Assistant Estates Surveyors (no more than 3 reports) and also other related posts on an adhoc basis
· Direct influence over the spending of Property budget, maintenance spend in excess of £20M per annum.
· Responsibility for delivering against targets for rental income in excess of £4M per annum.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
· You should be a Member of the RICS or be able to demonstrate significant Property Management Experience. Property management experience is essential as the role required to manage their own property cases as allocated whilst working as part of the wider Property team.
· Degree/ HNC or equivalent, or substantial relevant experience in a relevant subject.
· Excellent understanding of subject matter, principles and practices relevant to technical area.
· Extensive experience in dealing with complex property matters and delivering results
· The job requires an individual with a full driver's licence and access to a car (hire cars can be provided on an ad-hoc basis).
If you are an experienced Estates Surveyor with RICS qualification, apply now with your CV!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy