Greenford, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
· External Reference
Our client within public sector is looking for an Educational Psychologist to join their Educational Psychology Services department. The role is offered on a 3 months contract basis based in Ealing, London paying £50.69/hour umbrella rate (inside IR35 only) working Monday to Friday, 35 hours/week.
The role reports into the Principal Educational Psychologist and will:
· Support the multi-disciplinary work of the Children's Service in order to promote the social, emotional and educational development of preschool and school aged children up to the age of 19 years.
· Contribute to the development and delivery of the Ealing Educational Psychology Service to ensure that it is effective and responsive to the needs of clients throughout the Borough and operates in accordance with Council Policy and Government legislation
· To undertake psychological assessments of children in the Borough, using methods that take account of a multi-cultural, ethnically diverse population.
· To provide a service of consultation, advice and intervention to families, educational establishments and other agencies involved with children.
· To work closely and in partnership with parents in all cases throughout the assessment, intervention and monitoring process.
· To act as a referral point for specified schools concerning all aspects of work related to Educational Psychology.
· To promote preventative measures in educational establishments, adopting a whole school approach where appropriate.
· To work with and advise a range of other services within the Children and Families Service.
· To liaise with other Council Departments and external agencies as appropriate to the needs of the clients.
· To negotiate and undertake joint work with professionals within the Children's Service and from other agencies in relation to individual children.
· To assist the Local Authority in meeting its statutory obligations to children with Special Educational Needs and to support inclusive practice for such students.
· To contribute to the development of the Educational Psychology team under the direction of the Principal Educational Psychologist.
· To contribute to in-service training programmes in the Children's Service and in education establishments under the direction of the Principal Educational Psychologist.
· To carry out all duties and responsibilities with regard to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
· To undertake duties of a similar nature and at a similar level of responsibility to those described above which might be allocated from time to time.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Relevant experience of working with children with a range of additional needs.
· An Honours Degree in Psychology or similar or equivalent experience is required
· 3-year Doctorate training in Educational Psychology is required
· Registration with the Health Professionals Council is required
· Able to identify children's, teachers' and families' needs and solutions to problems using a consultation model.
· Knowledge of preventative measures and evidence based interventions that are targeted to ensure good outcomes for children, class groups and schools.
· To work closely with parents in all cases throughout the assessment, intervention and monitoring process.
· Knowledge and understanding of a range of other services within the Children and Families Service and across the Borough, and how to use these services to achieve good outcomes for children and their families.
· nd their families.childre e of other services within the Children and FAMilies Service and how to use these services to achieveKnowledge and skills to deliver training to schools, families and the Educational Psychology Service, under the direction and support of the Principal Educational Psychologist.
· Knowledge and skills to implement the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy in every day work.
If you are an experienced Psychologist apply now to be considered for the role!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy