Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Provide primary technical support for Utilities operations and building facilities in troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- Perform general and preventive maintenance work including mechanical, 1&3 phase electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and fabrication
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices such as multimeters to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or
- Install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures to ensure compliance with codes
- Install and troubleshoot new and modified equipment
- Follow factory and department safety rules
- Monitor and repair facility and emergency system for any equipment failures and maintain smooth operations of waste water treatment
- Work directly with outside contractors to ensure quality of worth and knowledge transfer
- Must be computer literate for proficient operation of the Maintenance Management System and spare parts documentation.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Utilities, Facilities, or technical certifications preferred
- Five years of experience in electrical/mechanical machine troubleshooting, experience with computers, reading blueprints and schematics
- Good communication skills and prioritization skills are required
- Effectively communicate daily issues through documentation, area log books, electronic pass down and verbal communication with peers
- Experience managing predictive maintenance program
JOB FAMILY:Facilities & Maintenance
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Fairfield : 2302 Courage Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf