Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function:
Plans, designs, and supervises the construction of new, or existing, facilities in support of Company goals by utilizing available resources in the most efficient and effective manner possible while complying with time and budget constraints. PROJECTS RANGE FROM SMALL TO MID SIZED AND HAVE A MODERATE IMPACT ON OVERALL COMPANY GOALS. Performs investigations and implements corrective actions in support of Exception process for both moderate and major CAPAs affecting the facility. Documents results per Abbott rubrics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Oversees the planning, design, reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities
- Responsible for planning plant, office and production equipment layouts for efficiency of operation and maximum utilization of facilities and equipment
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Develops criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes
- Directs and coordinates architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility
- Assists in development and maintenance of short-term and long-term facilities space plan
- May be responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and planning preventative maintenance;
- Plans and coordinates periodic shutdown to service and maintain equipment
- Investigates unplanned events affecting facility operations and takes appropriate corrective and preventive actions to preclude recurrence.
Position Accountability / Scope
(Influence/Leadership) Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. Demonstrates project management skills by acting as a project manager on small to MID-SIZED CONCEPTUALLY DEFINED PROJECTS. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally on management.
(Planning/Organization) Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays and may result in the allocation of additional resources, OR NEGATIVELY IMPACT COMPANY GOALS
Bachelor of Science in engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 2 -5 years of experience in this discipline, or equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience. Experience with cGMP and cGLP practices and projects preferred.
Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;(Cognitive Skills) Works on problems of significant scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a good knowledge of technical alternatives and an strong understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
JOB FAMILY:Facilities & Maintenance
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States > Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Awkward/forceful/repetitive (arms above shoulder, bent wrists), Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Wear ear plugs, Work at heights, e.g. ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, etc., Work in a clean room environment, Work requiring repeated bending, stooping, squatting or kneeling
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf