Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Provide advanced administrative support to Vice President and other Divisional Vice Presidents as assigned. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the department: answering phones; calendar management; scheduling travel; managing correspondence; processing expense reports; meeting/event planning; creating or modifying business documents; preparing presentations from source materials and handling teleconferences.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental files; as assigned; in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Follow purchasing and requisition procedures; Corporate Security and Privacy Rules; Corporate Branding Guidelines; and Copy Center procedures (if applicable). Order business cards and stationery.
- Use intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned.
- Use and understand Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software; including the Corporate Travel Web site; and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinate new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Consistently interacts with high-level executives (including C-Suite interactions).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information. Data is typically employee-level or one-dimensional.
- Maintain and manage calendars; including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Primary point of contact for manager's schedule.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 5+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Outlook.
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
DIVISION:PA Public Affairs
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP06D Floor-2
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf